The artist CLAUS VON OERTZEN was educated at the Academy of his home town in Hamburg, Germany. After his first artistic successes he left to complement his studies in Italy.
Back in Germany, he realized his great love of nature by qualifying as a landscape designer. ‘Be Creative with Nature’ was his motto, and he proved to be very successful with that.
Music also played a big part in his life. He performed frequently and with pleasure as a singer of classical music.
Thus the life of Claus von Oertzen is ruled by the triad of painting, nature and music. He is a person who possesses a natural predisposition for synaesthesia. Deep inside, he perceives sounds also as colours.
Since 2007 the artist has lived and worked near Lisbon, with his Portuguese wife. Today, his pictures are being noticed throughout Europe.
– Hamburg (Germany) ‘Art in the Church’, Christophuros Kirche
– Hannover (Germany) Offices of MBG-Unternehmensberatung
– Vila do Bispo (Portugal) Centro Cultural
– Hamburg (Germany ) Atelier am Jenischpark
– Vila Nova de Gaia (Portugal) Centro Cultural
– Óbidos (Portugal) International Music Festival SIPO
– Bremen (Germany) International Fair ‘Home and Garden’
– Hamburg (Germany ) Sparkasse Head Office
– Lagos (Portugal) Centro cultural 2003
– Hamburg (Germany) Galerie ‘Art Goes Public’ 2004
– Elmshorn (Germany) Sparkasse
– Lagoa (Algarve, Portugal) Convento S. José, Manuel Gamboa Hall
– Kiel (Germany) ‘Kunst im Rehabilitations-Zentrum’
– Cascais (Portugal) Offices of Engel & Voelkers
– Lissabon (Portugal) Convento dos Cardaes
– Loulé (Algarve, Portugal) ‘Arte Algarve’ International Art Fair
– Monchique (Portugal) Galerie Porca Preta
– Loulé (Portugal) ‘Arte Algarve’ International Art Fair
– Ferragudo (Portugal), Centro do Arade: ‘Arte Algarve’ International Art Fair
– ‘ATIG ART Transfer International GALLERY’ International Art
– Event Art-Promoter in Hinterzarten (Black Forest, Germany)
– Monchique, Galerie Sto. Antonio
– Lagoa (Algarve, Portugal) ‘Arte Algarve’
– Lissabon (Portugal), Convento dos Cardaes: ‘Artistas Mundial’ group show
– S. Braz de Alportel (Algarve), Museu do Traje: ‘Artistas Mundial’ group show